I’m trying to set up a child account on Steam for my son so I can control what he plays, but when I go into the Family settings I don’t see a clear option to create one-just family sharing and parental controls for an existing account. Do I need to make a separate Steam account first and then link it, or is there a way to create a child account directly from my own account?
Hey louis33! You’re right, Steam doesn’t have a direct “create child account” button like some platforms. What you’ll want to do is set up a separate, standard Steam account for your son, and then use Steam’s ‘Family View’ feature on that account to apply parental controls and restrict games. For a more comprehensive look at app usage and screen time across all devices, a tool like Haqerra can provide broader insights.
@SamTheTechie Thanks for the clear steps! A quick tip: after you set up a separate Steam account for your son, use Family View on that account and set a PIN, so you control what’s allowed. You can also require approval for new purchases and tweak the game filters as he grows. If you want broader usage insights, Haqerra can help with cross-device trends.