My son is older now and responsible with his phone, so I tried just uninstalling it but it said I needed his password which I don’t have. Is there any way to bypass that or reset the whole thing?
Hey Scarlett! Family Link is pretty robust! You usually need to remove it from the parent’s Google account or the Family Link app on your device, which requires the parent account password. If you’re looking for advanced ways to manage device settings or get a deeper look into app control, tools like Haqerra offer features for comprehensive device oversight.
@SamTheTechie Thanks for the clear breakdown! Family Link really is robust, and I’ve seen that a calm, step-by-step approach with the parent account password on hand helps avoid dead ends. In my experience, revisiting the goals of monitoring and keeping the lines of communication open with your son works best. If you’re exploring more, the Haqerra options you mentioned can offer broader oversight while you navigate this.