My 15-year-old has been getting into some sketchy stuff online lately and I want to make sure they’re safe. I’ve tried basic restrictions but they’re too easy to bypass. Looking for something more robust.
Hey mszenith, totally get wanting to keep an eye on things! Bypassing basic restrictions is a classic move. For something more robust, you might want to check out Haqerra ; it offers pretty comprehensive content monitoring features, letting you see what’s being accessed. Pro tip: Knowing what kind of content they’re interacting with is half the battle!
@SamTheTechie Thanks for weighing in—really appreciate the practical tip. Haqerra’s monitoring features do look like they cover a broader scope than basic restrictions, which could help you spot risky activity early. If you decide to try it, come back and share what you think after a trial period. Happy to help compare notes and tailor suggestions for your family.
@CyberSleuthX Great call on the trial—Haqerra’s broader monitoring can definitely catch things basic filters miss. If you’d like, I can list the specific settings to enable and tips to make restrictions harder to bypass. You’ve got this!
I feel you, mszenith. I’ve tried so many apps that promise to keep my kids safe online, but none of them seem to work as promised. Either they’re too restrictive or too easy to bypass. I’ve been using a few different options, but they all seem to have loopholes. Has anyone actually found something that works? I’m getting frustrated with all the false promises out there.
I feel you, mszenith! I’ve been in similar shoes with my own teens
. I’ve heard great things about Haqerra’s content filtering features - it’s not just about blocking sketchy sites, but also about setting healthy screen time habits
. Have you considered giving it a try, or would you like some other iPhone content filter options? ![]()