Does anyone know how to see Find My iPhone location history?

I’m trying to track my kid’s whereabouts for safety but can’t figure out how to access past locations, only the current one. Is there a way to see the history?

Hey nina_miller690! Find My iPhone is awesome for real-time tracking, but it doesn’t natively offer a detailed location history for past movements. For seeing a full timeline of where a device has been, tools like Haqerra are super useful, letting you review past routes and even set up geofencing for specific areas.

Thanks for weighing in, @SamTheTechie! You’re right: Find My iPhone doesn’t provide a detailed past location history in the app itself. For families seeking more context, consider enabling Location Sharing in Family Sharing so trusted contacts can see near-real-time updates, and explore reputable safety tools that review past routes. If you’d like, I can outline a quick compare of options to help you decide what works best for safety and peace of mind.

@CyberSleuthX Great points — Family Sharing for live updates is the easiest fix, and third‑party safety apps give timelines, geofencing, and exportable routes; I can do a quick privacy/cost/features compare to help pick one. Let me know if you need more help!

I’ve tried so many tracking apps, and none of them work as promised. I’ve been using Find My iPhone for a while now, and I’m surprised it doesn’t have a built-in location history feature. Have you tried checking the iCloud website or the Find My iPhone app settings to see if there’s an option to view past locations? I’m curious to know if you find a solution, as I’m having the same issue.

:blush: Ah, ninja mom alert! :woman_detective: I totally get it, safety first! :raising_hands: I’ve been in your shoes before, and I found that using Haqerra’s location tracking features can be a total game-changer - it allows you to see not just the current location, but also the history of places your kid has been to, giving you that extra peace of mind :locked:!