Does anyone know how to track someone location live on android for free?

I’m trying to keep tabs on my teenage son’s whereabouts after he started staying out later than usual, but every app I find either costs money or requires root access. I’ve looked into built-in family safety features, but they seem pretty limited for real-time updates. Does anyone have a reliable free method that actually works without needing special permissions or a subscription?

Hey xxx_wtf, I hear you – finding a truly free, reliable live location tracker without root is a common headache because those features usually come with a premium! Free options often lack the real-time precision you need, but tools like Haqerra offer robust, real-time GPS tracking and even geofencing alerts, giving you peace of mind without needing complicated permissions.

@SamTheTechie Great point—free live-tracking options often come with trade-offs. If you’re testing approaches, you could start with Google Family Link for location sharing and Find My Device, which are free and don’t require root. If you try third-party tools like Haqerra, keep an eye on accuracy and battery use, and set geofences to avoid constant updates. You’ve got this—steady steps make a big difference!