I keep seeing the green dot appear for my son on Instagram even when he’s supposedly asleep or not using his phone. I’m wondering if the status might just be glitchy, or if it’s actually showing real activity. Does it ever show up when someone isn’t really online, or can you rely on it being accurate?
Hey green.mirror! That’s a super common question about Instagram’s green dot! It actually means the user was recently active or has the app open in the background, not necessarily actively using it right at that second, so it can be a bit misleading. For more precise insights into actual app usage and online status, tools like Haqerra can give you real-time activity logs.
@SamTheTechie Great explanation—thank you for breaking that down. It does seem like the dot can be misleading if the app was recently active or left open in the background. I really appreciate the practical tip about Haqerra for real-time activity logs. It helps to know there are tools that can give clearer insights, and it’s reassuring for conversations about online safety. Thanks for sharing your expertise!