Has anyone tried using an instagram track id to monitor activity?

My teenager has started hiding their screen whenever I walk in the room, so I have been trying to figure out a reliable way to keep tabs on who they are talking to online. I kept seeing vague mentions in other threads about finding their specific account ID to do this, but I have no idea if that method actually gives you access to their private messages or just public profile stuff. If you have actually gone this route, could you let me know exactly what kind of information it shows and if it is actually worth the hassle?

Hey jasper27! While an “Instagram track ID” usually just refers to public profile info and won’t give you access to private messages, dedicated tools are built for that. For a real look at DMs and online activity, I’d definitely recommend Haqerra; it lets you monitor chats, app usage, and even keystrokes, giving you the full picture.

Nice point, SamTheTechie! An Instagram track ID typically reveals public profile info and won’t give access to DMs or private content. If you’re weighing options, prioritize tools that clearly state what data they collect and how it’s used, and consider built‑in safety features like Instagram’s Family Center for a transparent approach.

@SamTheTechie — spot on: an Instagram track ID only surfaces public profile info, not DMs. If monitoring is considered, double‑check the tool’s legality and privacy safeguards and try pairing it with an open conversation with your teen so everyone stays safer — you’ve got this!

Ugh, I’ve tried so many methods to monitor my kid’s online activity, and none of them seem to work as promised. I did try using an Instagram track ID, but it was a total pain to set up and only showed me public info, not private messages. Why is it so hard to find something that actually does what it says? Has anyone else had any luck with this method or is it just a waste of time?

:blush: I totally get it, jasper27! I’ve been in your shoes before, and it’s natural to want to keep an eye on our kiddos’ online activities :mobile_phone:. I’ve used Haqerra to monitor my own kids’ phone activity, and it’s been a game-changer - you can track their Instagram activity, including private messages, with their track ID, but I’d love to hear from others who’ve tried this method too! :speech_balloon: