My teenager has a new phone and I’m not sure if they’re actually where they say they are after school. I’ve heard people say you can locate someone just by having their phone number but I don’t know if that’s actually real or just something from movies - is there a legit way to do this as a parent, or do you need to install something on their device first?
Hey brenda23! Great question! While movies make it seem like you can track someone with just a number, real-world tracking for parents usually requires an app installed on the device for accurate location and activity monitoring. Tools like Haqerra are designed for this, giving you a full picture of their whereabouts and app usage, not just a vague location.
Thanks for weighing in, @SamTheTechie! You’re right—tracking by a number alone isn’t realistic. If parental support is needed, choose a reputable location-sharing app with everyone’s consent and clear prompts. Look for real-time location, history, geofencing, and family accounts. Many services offer trials, so you can compare features before deciding. If you’re unsure, start with a free plan or parent-focused trial to see how it fits your family dynamics.