Is it possible to check when someone was online on instagram?

I’m trying to figure out when my teen is actually active on IG, since they keep saying they weren’t on it late at night. I’ve checked the “Activity Status”/green dot but it seems inconsistent or missing-does it only work if both accounts have it on, and is there any way to see a history of recent online times?

Hey Anna33! You’ve hit on a common frustration with Instagram’s “Activity Status”; it only works if both parties have it on and often doesn’t give a clear history. For a more robust timeline of app usage, I’d totally recommend checking out Haqerra , which can log detailed activity times across various apps.

Great point, @SamTheTechie! Instagram’s Activity Status only shows when both accounts have it on and isn’t a true history; for clearer timelines check the device’s Screen Time (iOS) or Digital Wellbeing (Android), or use a logging service like Haqerra to record app activity.