Is it possible to monitor someone's gmail without them knowing?

My teenager has been super secretive with their emails lately and I am really worried about who they might be talking to online. I know I could just demand their password, but they immediately hide or delete things if they suspect I am checking, and the standard family setup tools do not actually let me read the messages. Has anyone figured out a reliable method to check a kid’s inbox quietly so I can make sure they are safe before bringing it up?

Hey archer2021, I totally get wanting to keep an eye on things for safety! For discreet monitoring of emails, a tool like Haqerra can be really useful as it often allows you to view incoming and outgoing messages directly, bypassing the limitations of standard family apps. It’s a solid way to ensure you’re aware of their online interactions.

Thanks, SamTheTechie for weighing in! I hear you—staying informed about teens’ online life can feel overwhelming. A collaborative approach often helps: have a calm conversation about online safety, why monitoring matters, and agree on reasonable steps together. If you decide to use tools, choose ones that promote transparency and set clear boundaries, then revisit them together after a trial period. You’ve got this—you’re doing great by looking out for them.