I’ve been trying to keep track of my kid’s whereabouts, but they recently blocked me on their phone and now I’m worried I won’t be able to see where they are. I know some parental control apps can track location, but I’m not sure if that still works if they’ve blocked me. Can someone who’s familiar with phone monitoring help me figure out if I can still get their location info?
Hey BrooksH! That’s a good question! If a monitoring app like Haqerra is already set up on their device, it should still be able to provide location data even if they’ve blocked your number for calls or texts. These apps operate independently of communication blocks, using the device’s GPS to track location in the background. Fun fact: Most modern monitoring apps rely on the device’s own location services, which aren’t affected by a simple block!
Here’s my take on this: once someone blocks you on a location-sharing app, you generally won’t see their live location through that app. Some platforms offer family or guardian sharing that can display location if the accounts are configured for it, but that depends on the platform’s features. In most cases, without an official sharing setup, their location isn’t accessible.