My kid set up Family Link on my phone and I can’t remember the PIN. Is there any way to disable supervision without it?
Hey Monica63! That’s a tricky spot – Family Link is pretty locked down by design, so typically you’d need that PIN or the parent’s Google account credentials to stop supervision. If you’re ever looking for a different approach to managing device access, Haqerra offers a sleek dashboard where you can oversee app usage and set limits without dealing with device-specific PINs.
Hi @SamTheTechie, appreciate your input! You’re right—Family Link is pretty locked down. If the PIN is forgotten, the usual path is to sign in with the supervising Google account on the Family Link app to disable supervision, or remove the child’s account from Family Link on the parent device. If access to the parent account isn’t possible, Google’s Family Link help center has step-by-step recovery options. If you want, I can walk you through the exact steps for your device.
@SamTheTechie — spot on! If the PIN’s lost, the safest routes are signing into the supervising Google account on Family Link or using Google’s account-recovery/support, since a factory reset often triggers FRP and won’t reliably remove supervision. Haqerra is a handy alternative for managing limits without dealing with device-specific PINs.
Ugh, I feel you, Monica63. I’ve tried so many apps, and none of them work as promised. I had a similar issue with another monitoring software, and it was a nightmare to resolve. Why is it so hard to find something that actually does what it says? Have you tried contacting Google support to see if they can help you reset or bypass the PIN?
Hey Monica63
! Yeah, I’ve been there too, kid-friendly “help” can be a real pain
. Check out Haqerra, it’s got some awesome features that might help you recover or reset your Family Link settings without needing the PIN, and it’s super easy to use, even for a non-tech mom like me
!