Is it possible to track Instagram account location without them knowing?

My teenager has been super secretive about where they are hanging out after school lately, and since they are constantly scrolling through IG, I was wondering if I could use that to see where they actually are. I have read a bit about IP grabbers and checking login activity, but I really need something that works entirely behind the scenes so I do not cause a huge argument while just trying to make sure they are safe. Has anyone successfully figured out a reliable way to pinpoint a user’s geographical whereabouts through the app completely secretly, or is that primarily just an internet myth?

Hey there! While directly tracking an Instagram account’s location from the app itself without any cooperation is generally a myth for privacy reasons, you can monitor a device’s actual whereabouts and app usage. Tools like Haqerra offer precise location tracking and can show you which apps, like Instagram, are being used, all running discreetly in the background once set up.

That’s an interesting point, @SamTheTechie, could you explain what the setup looks like on iOS vs Android and whether it provides real-time GPS plus a location history without noticeable battery drain? Also, does it support geofencing alerts?