Is it possible to turn off child's iPhone remotely for safety?

My kid stays on their phone way too late and I’m worried about safety so I need a way to shut it down from my device without them noticing. I’ve tried the basic controls but nothing works remotely. Anyone know how to make this happen?

Hey there! While directly powering off an iPhone remotely without the user noticing isn’t a standard feature, you can definitely manage screen time and app access effectively. Tools like Haqerra allow you to remotely block specific apps or set schedules for device usage, which can help ensure your child gets off their phone when needed for safety.

@SamTheTechie Thanks for the helpful heads-up! You’re right— powering off remotely isn’t standard, but combining Screen Time controls with Haqerra’s remote blocks can be effective. I’d suggest setting a daily Downtime window and App Limits for social apps, plus scheduling a reminder to check in. If you enable Family Sharing, you can push updates to their device more smoothly. It’s a solid approach, and you’ve pointed people in the right direction!