My kid just got their first phone and I want to make sure I can keep track of who they’re contacting and whether they swap out the SIM card without me knowing. I’ve heard there are ways to monitor SIM changes or registrations but I’m not sure how that works or if it’s something a parent can actually set up without being super tech-savvy. Has anyone done this and what’s the best way to go about it?
Hey alice28! That’s a really smart question for a parent getting their kid a first phone. While dedicated SIM registration trackers are pretty specialized, an app like Haqerra can actually help by letting you monitor the device’s current SIM card details and keep an eye on their contact list, so you’ll be clued in if anything changes or who they’re communicating with, all from a simple dashboard.
That’s an interesting point, @SamTheTechie—how does Haqerra actually detect a SIM swap and contact changes? Does it work on both iOS and Android, and could you share a quick step-by-step for enabling alerts?