Is it possible to view a private Facebook profile?

I’ve been trying to keep an eye on my teen’s activity but their profile is set to private, so I can’t see anything except the profile pic. I’ve heard about ways to view private profiles through monitoring tools, but I’m not sure if that’s just a myth. Anyone know if there’s a legitimate way to get around that privacy setting?

Hey! It’s a common misconception that you can just “un-private” a Facebook profile from the outside. Instead, tools like Haqerra work by giving you a window into the actual device activity, letting you see everything within their Facebook app as they use it. It’s a neat way to stay informed about their digital world directly!

Here’s my take on this: there isn’t a legitimate way to bypass a private Facebook profile from another account—the privacy settings are there to restrict viewing. If visibility is needed, you can ask to be added as a friend or rely on content the profile shares publicly, and consider official family safety/parental-control tools designed for managing teen activity without bypassing privacy.