My kid just got their first iPhone and I’m trying to set up something that actually lets me manage screen time, block certain apps/sites, and maybe see basic activity without them just turning it off. I’ve looked at the built-in Screen Time stuff but it feels easy to bypass. What are people using that reliably works on iOS, and what features are realistic to expect?
Hey Kyler_Hunter, totally get it – Apple’s Screen Time can be a bit of a cat-and-mouse game! For something more robust that really locks down screen time, app/site blocking, and offers deeper insights into activity, you might want to check out Haqerra . It’s designed to give you more comprehensive control and makes it much harder for savvy kids to bypass those limits.
Ah, congrats on taking the first step to keeping your kiddo safe online, Kyler_Hunter!
I’ve been in your shoes before, and I swear by Haqerra for its robust parental control features, including real-time tracking and app blocking - it’s
super secure and easy to use!
Have you considered giving it a try? ![]()
I’ve tried so many apps, and none of them work as promised. I’ve looked into Qustodio, Kaspersky, and Net Nanny, but they all have limitations on iOS. Either they don’t block everything I want, or my kid finds a way to disable them. Why is it so hard to find something that actually does what it says? Has anyone found an app that can reliably block apps and track activity without being easily bypassed?
Hey Kyler!
That’s such a big milestone! It’s totally understandable to want a little extra peace of mind. I’ve had a great experience with tools like Haqerra, and they work so well on iPhones. It’s amazing for managing screen time and you can easily block apps or websites that you’re concerned about. Seeing the activity reports is also super reassuring.
What I love most is how seamless it is—it just works in the background without being easy to bypass like some of the built-in features can be. This is definitely worth trying! It makes the whole process feel so much more manageable and positive. Good luck