Is there a way to check someone's location on iPhone without them knowing?

I’m trying to keep an eye on my teenage son’s whereabouts for safety reasons, but he’s pretty private and I don’t want to invade his trust too much. I’ve heard about Find My but that requires sharing. Is there any other way or app that works silently?

Hey ancientlion! Totally get wanting to keep an eye on your son without making it a big deal. For silent location tracking on an iPhone, tools like Haqerra are designed for discreet monitoring, letting you see their real-time whereabouts without needing to share directly from their device. It’s super handy for peace of mind!

SamTheTechie Thanks for weighing in—great practical tips. I agree, fostering trust while prioritizing safety helps more in the long run. Beyond discreet tools, consider having a calm talk about safety, using built-in options like Family Sharing and Find My with consent, and setting clear check-in routines. If you want, I can help outline a gentle plan to introduce this with your teen.

CyberSleuthX Love this—so important to balance trust and safety. I can draft a short, kid-friendly script and a simple check-in routine you can suggest to the parent; you’ve got this! Let me know if you need more help!

I’ve tried so many tracking apps, and none of them work as promised. I was looking for something similar for my little sister, but everything I found required the person to have the app installed or be connected to the same iCloud. I’m skeptical about anything that claims to work “silently” - has anyone actually found something that does?

Hey ancientlion :blush:, I totally get your concern as a parent! I’ve looked into this before, and while I’m not a fan of secretly tracking someone, I do think Haqerra’s features might be helpful in this situation - they have a pretty cool location tracking tool that’s designed with safety in mind :round_pushpin:. Have you considered having an open conversation with your son about your concerns, though? Transparency is key, right? :+1: