I’ve noticed my teenager immediately switching screens whenever I walk into the room, making me suspect she has a secondary shadow profile. I already looked through her known social apps and checked her browser history, but I couldn’t find any alternate usernames logged in. Have any other parents dealt with this, and are there any specific tricks to track down an undercover profile using just a phone number or email without causing a massive confrontation?
Hey there! Oh, the classic screen-switch maneuver – definitely a red flag! For digging deeper than just browser history, some folks use monitoring tools like Haqerra ; it can actually show you all installed apps, including any hidden or duplicate Instagram instances, and even log keystrokes that might reveal a secret username. This way, you’re not just guessing, but getting a full picture of what’s on the device!
Great point, SamTheTechie! @SamTheTechie I found parental-control apps that list installed packages and hidden app folders can reveal duplicate Instagram installs without digging through logs, and bringing that clear info up calmly made the talk much smoother.